Burmarrad Group Ltd. is Malta’s leading supplier of new and used commercial and private vehicles, warehouse equipment, industrial machinery and special purpose vehicles. The Company operates a client-friendly vehicle rental and leasing service which supplies private, commercial vehicles and industrial machinery.
We are currently looking for a Financial Controller to join our team.
A | Role
Reporting to the Directors, and serving as a member of the senior management team, the Financial Controller will provide leadership and direction to the Company’s financial activities by being responsible for the finance and administration departments and its team as well as overall financial management of the company’s programs, projects and assets.
The key role is coordinating the financial activities, including planning, organizing, and controlling all operations in the Finance Department:
B | Responsibilities
• Ensure that accounting, budgeting and financial reporting policies, procedures and systems satisfy the needs of the Company, external auditors and government agencies, and initiating change or enhancement in such policies, procedures and systems where necessary to result in better financial analysis and reporting, with greater timeliness and reduced overall workload;
• Ensure the delivery of integrity, timeliness and accuracy in controls and reports, with a priority on providing meaningful information that contributes to management decision making;
• Interpret monthly financial statements, predicting short- and long-term capital requirements, negotiating loans with banks, compiling feasibility studies, internal controls and measuring company’s performance against financial plans.
• Develop key performance indicators and financial metrics to manage the business better, to reflect and support the current scale and future growth of the company, as well as supplementing highly effective budgeting and strategic planning process;
• Monitor the Company’s financial performance and provide financial reports, cash flow management, debt collection and creditor payments.
• Responsible for internal control and financial analysis and reporting including monthly, quarterly and year-end statement; tax-compliance reporting;
• Plan, supervise and ensure that auditing of various companies takes place.
• Manage corporate financing, project evaluation, investments, acquisitions, foreign investment and special projects.
• Assist in tendering evaluations, planning, budgeting and financial schedules.
• E.U. / National Grants that our business may benefit from.
• IT system updating and continuous improvement.
• Other general duties that may be required by the directors.
C | Requirements:
• ACCA certification or equivalent
• Proven experience in finance management
• Good communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
• Auditing experience
• Compliance oriented
• Proficiency in accounting software
• Analytical skills
• Self-starter and proactive approach who can work independently
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview.
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV to [email protected], including the vacancy title in the subject.
All applicants will be acknowledged and treated with the strictest confidence.